Top Ten Regulations OSHA Gets Questions About
Here’s a list of the top ten enquiries sent by e-mail to OSHA about its regulations. The agency keeps tabs both by e-mail and phone enquiry, so a notation in parentheses shows the phone rank and regulation link:
- Powered industrial trucks (1910.178, #3)
- Sanitation (1910.141, #4)
- Hazard communication (1910.1200, #2)
- Bloodborne pathogens (1910.1030, #1)
- Personal protective equipment, general requirements (1910.132, #5)
- Medical services and first aid (1910.151, #6)
- Ergonomics (no OSHA standard, not on phone list)
- Electrical, general requirements (1910.303, not on phone list)
- Respiratory protection (1910.134, #8)
- Air contaminants (1910.1000, #7).
Stolen shamelessly (but with attribution) from Safety News Alert, which also notes:
“The two questions in the top-10 list of questions received by phone that arenâ€™t on the e-mail list are about indoor air quality (no OSHA standard) and permit-required confined spaces (1910.146).”
NOTE: The details in this blog are provided for informational purposes only. All answers are general in nature and do not constitute legal advice. If legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought. The author specifically disclaims any and all liability arising directly or indirectly from the reliance on or use of this blog.