The Obama administration claimed today that its troubled site has been "fixed" and can handle up to 50,000 visitors at a time, the original goal for the site when it was launched Oct. 1.

In a rare Sunday morning press call, Health and Human Services (HHS) officials said the redone site is capable of handling "in the zone of 80 percent" of all users. The other 20 percent will presumably sign up in person or over the phone.

"In effect we've widened the system's on-ramp," said Jeff Zients, the former White House budget director leading the revamp of the site. Zients earlier promised that the site would be fixed by Dec. 1.

HHS officials, however, made little mention of the accuracy of the data being sent to insurance companies from the site. In the past, insurance companies claimed the customer information sent them was flawed and mostly useless.

HHS also released a " Progress and Performance Report" at the same time, detailing the fixes and changes made to the site and its software.