The Veterans’ Employment and Training Service (VETS) of the Department of Labor (DOL) has announced the launch of a newly enhanced online one-stop for employment services, Veterans.gov. The website brings together job banks, state employment offices, American Job Centers, opportunities in top-trending industry sectors, and employer assistance in a single online location.
VETS’ re-designed Veterans.gov to become a “first stop” in the employment search process for veterans, transitioning service members and their spouses. The site will be a valuable resource for employers seeking to hire veterans and their spouses.
For job seekers, the site offers:
- One-on-one assistance in the nearly 2,500 American Job Centers in communities nationwide.
- Veterans’ Job Bank/National Labor Exchange online job listings.
- Searchable career paths by industry, by similarity to military careers, or by keyword.
- Links to approved local training programs, colleges and universities.
- Resources from federal partners to connect with industry-specific career programs in sectors including agriculture, transportation, energy/utilities, homeland security and other federal employment.
- Tools to learn how to become an entrepreneur and to start a business.
- Connection to the Veterans Employment Center portal.
For employers, the site provides:
- Ability to connect with the VETS’ regional employer outreach specialists to access local resources for meeting your unique hiring needs.
- Ability to upload available openings and position descriptions to the Veterans’ Job Bank/National Labor Exchange database.
- Access to “America’s Heroes at Work,” a free toolkit to assist employers seeking to hire veterans.
- Ability to make a commitment to hire veterans on the Veterans Employment Center portal.
“There are many resources for veterans seeking employment and for those employers eager to hire veterans, but it’s often difficult for both groups to know where to start,” said Assistant Secretary of Labor for Veterans’ Employment and Training Mike Michaud. “Veterans.gov brings those resources together in one place, making it an effective first stop on the path to meaningful employment.”